14.3.13

VERONICA MOTHER EFFING MARS . . . THE MOVIE!


Eric and I discovered Veronica Mars one cold winter's eve back in 2011.  We had fully depleted our options on Netflix Watch-it-Now and it was time to start taking chances.   At that point, the only thing I knew about Veronica Mars was that it was a mid-2000s UPN show that had once partnered up with America's Next Top Model. . . in Cycle 5 Kimmy Stoltz won some asinine challenge and got a small speaking role.  Anyway, we assumed Veronica Mars was probably trash, but hey, it was February in Vermont. 


Boy were were wrong! We totally fell for Veronica, Wallace, Keith. . . and eventually Logan.  Sadly three seasons were all the show was given. . . . UNTIL NOW,  maybe.  Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas (No, not the Matchbox Twenty guy.  Yes, the Party Down guy) has taken to Kickstarter to get Veronica Mars - THE MOVIE up and running.  This project hit Kickstarter just last night and they've already surpassed their 2 million dollar goal - In less than 24 hours!! It's already gone up by 200k while I've been writing this post (i'm a slow writer but Still)!!

Because the one $10,000 backer spot was already taken (that lucky duck will get a tiny speaking roll as an extra!) I opted for the $25 one - which gets me a "limited edition Veronica Mars - The Movie t-shirt." I'm happy with that.




The adorable Kristen Bell's message to Kickstarter backers:

dearest marshmallows... 
I am currently the happiest blonde in a hamster ball the world has ever seen. We have been waiting so long to make this movie dream a movie reality, and it’s because of YOUR commitment, YOUR persistence, that we finally have a chance. We just have one more step to go. 
You have banded together like the sassy little honey badgers you are and made this possibility happen. i promise if we hit our goal, we will make the sleuthiest, snarkiest, it’s-all-fun-and-games-‘til-one-of-you-gets-my-foot-up-your-ass movie we possibly can. 
I promise to give it my all. i promise to work my hardest to give everyone a little bit more Veronica, and i will be oh so honored to do so.  
I only ask for one thing in return. 
If I ever die, do me a favor. Go on Oprah and tell the world that I loved kittens. 
LoVe to you ALL, 
kristen bell 


Also, If you didn't already know that you love Kristen Bell, watch this:

2 comments:

S. Collier said...

hey molly-
i read/look at your blog a lot, just wanted to tell you - that the effort you make to bring cool stuff to the public's attention does not go unnoticed.i'm even going to go watch an episode of veronica mars. thank you for your keen outlook on the world.

alden said...

Yeah, what S.Collier said. Totally.