23.1.09

Poe would approve

My love for Edgar Allen Poe has recently resurfaced.  My dad used to read me his short stories before bed at a young age,  and i was hooked immediately.

I recently stumbled across Loved To Death, a website that sells morbid antiques and original taxidermied jewelry.  these muskrat beauties below are only $50. . . 

muskrat mandible earrings
gold wishbone earrings

Vintage German deer hoof hunting relic
 
Victorian mourning child pin
vintage photo of a little cross-eyed boy 
vintage child's prosthetic arm


Loved To Death reminded me of one of my favorite stores in San Francisco: Paxton Gate (located on Valencia in the Mission)  It's very 
They started as an eccentric gardening store but soon began carrying preserved insects and taxidermy.  The jewelry they sell is my favorite part. 
 

The last time i was there i got my farmer boyfriend a pair of the Tobisho Pruners.  They are made of white high-carbon steel in a process that is quite like how they make samurai swords!
i need to stock up on some of their animal skulls and bones next timeMink SkullsToad Skeleton on wooden baseBat Skeleton on wooden base

1 Comments:

Blogger me melodia said...

fun post.
I actually picked up one of 'loved to deaths' first pieces.

Everything they make it spot on and made w so much love and detail.

http://memelodia.blogspot.com/2008/11/wis.html

February 2, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home