25.2.09

alexander calder for breakfast

I thought i'd start the morning off with a lil' Calder. He is one of my all time favs.  Both my parents love him and introduced me to his work when i was really little.  I made them each a Calder inspired mobile for christmas (using vintage bouncy balls for the weights).  I'll snap a photo of them next time i'm home to post.  

Oh man, look at this guys face! classic creative old guy face. 
 all the dapper italian dudes behind him like "wtf"

google images

1 Comments:

Blogger The Scootabaker said...

Great photos of Calder! I've never not recognized his work even though they've never been particularly inspiring to me. Or maybe they are in fact inspiring and I'm just clueless to the affect his work has had on me. Saw his piece at MOMA when it first opened. Guess I do like modern art. *hmmp

February 25, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home