"Been using a new shampoo?"

i miss James. . . can't bring myself to call her Jamie. . . 
I think Wasson did a pretty great job styling Ms. King (for October's Elle) in menswear inspired looks.  I don't think anyone's surprised it has a western cowboy feel.

If you are a James King fan, and haven't ever seen Slackers, go rent it now.  (as a bonus you get jason schwartzman, jason segal, laura prepon and devon sawa)


Cindy said...

when i saw this shoot i actually thought of you. something about the hair and the facial expression.
i miss old james too.
i really love the shot 3 pics down where she's sideways in the suit. so pretty.
this shoot fully made up for the kanye west directed douche fest with his "girlfriend".

thatsorad said...

That first picture is awesome. I love that outfit!

Meagan said...

Oh, I just saw this editorial while I was flipping through ELLE yesterday, and I loved it. Thank you for posting!

Stephanie said...

devon sawa lolllll....that takes me wayyyy back!


Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore james king (i too cant bring myself to call her jamie)
for the past 10 years i have wanted to change my name to james
or name more daughter james, everyone looks at me like im crazy, and i guess it only works on a petite feminine but edgy girl.
she is just amazingly striking imo

kenzaloo said...

i can't say jamie either. it hurts a little.