23.11.09

EDWARD SHARPE

So last night after work I headed over to Club Metronome to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros play.

Let's just say I kinda hated the band before they even came on stage.

The reason for my dislike is that it took them an hour to come on after the second opener had finished. I was feeling claustrophobic in a crowd of hormone crazed college kids, too stubborn to give up my spot up front and too stubborn to leave before the band came on... I am somewhat of a grandma so a band that doesn't start until almost midnight isn't exactly what i'm looking for after a night of waitressing. Lucky for the band they put on a good show (even after starting to a booing crowd!) I decided as soon as they played "Home" that was exactly where I would be heading.

6 Comments:

Blogger CAT KHAN said...

my sister finds that song incredibly annoying, but i love it :)

November 23, 2009 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Madison Whitney said...

Amazing to realize I'm following the blog of a fellow Vermonter, or, well, sort of. I'm a senior over at Champlain.

November 23, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Alex(singer) is the love of my life.

November 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger alden said...

Sorry honey pop! They were on time for my show but I'm not surprised that they pulled that shit...eccentric is as eccentric does.

November 24, 2009 at 1:29 AM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

i saw them last week here... it was good. ish. ha. that song though... home ... s'good right?! :) xo

November 24, 2009 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

That's interesting. I saw them play tonight, and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The crowd was definitely filled with some ditzy college girls which was disturbing. However, both their aesthetic and their connection with our environmental crisis is so refreshing. Au contraire.... I'm in love.

November 26, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home