7.4.10

UNCOMMON CREATURES

While reading about Uncommon Creatures' birth/mission on their site i discovered a new favorite word: Anachronism . . . it means a thing belonging (or appropriate to) a period other than that which it exists; especially a thing that is conspicuously old fashioned.


The inspiration to the A/W10/11 collection occurred on a very random Monday evening. I’m sitting in the subway heading for Brooklyn, when a young orthodox Jew enters the train and sits down right in front of me. I can’t help but stare at his snake curls and his huge black hat. He obviously notice my starring, and responds with a nod and a ›Yeah, I know‹. I immediately start playing with the possibility of creating a fashion collection inspired by orthodox Jewish style. And here we are.« (Jens Kold-Christensen)

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniella said...

this is super cool. especially that the inspiration is from a young jewish boy.. so interesting! you can definetly see it in the collection though!

April 7, 2010 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Cristi Silva said...

I a drooolllllinnnggggg!

April 7, 2010 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Miss M said...

i love how they got their inspiration.
<3 Miss M

April 7, 2010 at 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that hidden-identity element in this!

April 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home