15.5.10

BEHEMOTH OF ALL FLEA MARKETS

The end of my whirlwind trip led me to Brimfield, MA . . . host of the "Brimfield Antique Show." This insanely huge flea-market happens three times a year and has always been a subject of conversation in my family (we basically live by the motto: "one person's trash is another person's treasure").
Flea markets, yard sales, and thrift stores are my obsession but i barely bought a thing here! It was insanely overwhelming. After experiencing six hours of Brimfield, Eric and i decided that there is truth to the saying "too much of a good thing." I was beat and left with barely anything.
I did snatch up three mugshots of women from the end of the 1800s though (arrested for shoplifting in Chicago). I think it's going to be the start of a new collection for me. I also bought some amazing glass and metal African beads that i'm psyched to start incorporating into some new Rackk and Ruin pieces.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice D. Millionaire said...

awesome giant skeleton!
hope your trip was amazingly wonderful!

alice d.

May 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger adam said...

well
done
//

May 15, 2010 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger noirohio vintage said...

i JUST went to a crazy huge yearly flea market like this in ohio yesterday! insane stuff.

May 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot boy!!!

May 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home