17.1.11

BLUE SKY BASIN

I just returned from a week in Vail, Colorado (rough life huh?!). My boyfriend's family generously invited me way back in August and I've been psyching myself up for the trip ever since. After a harrowingly snowy drive over the mountain pass from the Denver to Vail we arrived in time to hit the slopes. I'd only been snowboarding once this season (right before the trip) so i was pathetically out of shape. The trails at Vail are probably quadruple the length of those at Sugarbush (the mountain i ride at in Vermont) so my legs were on fire by the time i'd arrive at whichever lift I was taking.

Besides long days on the mountain, the week was filled with goofing around with Eric and his siblings (who are easily able to recite full episodes of The Office, Little Britain, and 30Rock as well as keep up with the contestants on Jeopardy), drinking too much red wine, thawing out in the hot tub, finishing Just Kids by Patti Smith and attempting to eat all the food that was bought before we had to pack up and go.
Eric is king when it comes to making a fire. That, and keeping any song stuck in my head for days. . .

"Old as ancient skies
I've had these wondering eyes
But you took me by surprise when you let me inside of you

Inside of you
Inside of you
There's got to be
Some part of me
Inside of you"


- Aldous Snow (Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
The classic Jackalope

Eric's dad is a big fly fisher, and recently began tying his own flies. Seeing that I get most of my feathers at a local fly fishing store, it was really fun to watch how the feathers were intended to be used!~

One of Vail's vast back bowls.
And all the ski mountain lodges came stocked with four different flavors of Cholula!!
The sunset from our condo's wall of windows.


On one of my flights home I was randomly assigned to First Class (well, actually Eric was but he graciously gave it to me). Even though it was only a two hour flight I was able to fully experience the comfort, and bottomless wine glass, of the elite.

6 Comments:

Blogger bravegrrl said...

so jealous, looks like an amazing trip.... and that home is gorgeous! xo

January 17, 2011 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger Fashion Agony said...

Love that interior and all the pics, seem like so much fun!
xoxo
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com

January 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Oracle Fox said...

Heheheh I looovveee this post!! Firstly how ahh-mazzzzinnng was that lodge!!! Oh I want to go there and sit around a big fire drinking red wine after a day of snowboarding!! Very jealous! Secondly Eric's family sounds scarily like my own! Sam and I also have a serious obsession with the Office and Little Britain and please tell me that you guys have seen the Aussie/NZ comedy series called "Flight of the Concords" ssooooo funny and silly you'd love it and also "Nighty Night" disturbing english comedy series with some actors out of little britain, ohhh so wrong and oh so right. xx

January 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger heleen said...

Wow, beautiful lodge. Beeeautiful. I really enjoyed this post, nice to see what's going on in your life. And I do appreciate men who can build fires.

January 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Mia M. said...

aaaah that looks like a winter wonderland. You must have had a lot of fun skiing! And the house looks amazing!!!
Haha - so gentlemen that he gave you the 1st class seat, I bet you enjoyed it much! One day I wanna travel 1st class too, just once at least ;) haha

January 19, 2011 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

that house is too wonderful for words!
<3
www.thenightmagic.com

January 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home