16.10.11

FLOUR SIFTER

Mini DIY project from this past weekend. 
When I found this vintage flour sifter at a thrift shop for .50 cents I immediately saw it as a repurposed planter. . . i mean c'mon, who sifts flour these days?
Since the bottom of the sifter is mesh i found some used tupperware, at the same thrift store, that fit perfectly under the curved mesh bottom.  This means no leaks when you water the plant.  

If you are having a hard time finding a cheap sifter of your own here are some links to cute ones on Etsy

$4.00 HERE
Flour Sifter Sift-Chine Metal Made in USA

$8.00
HERE
Vintage Flour Sifter Bromwells Treasury Item

$11.00 HERE 
Old Flour Sifter Metal

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Instead of pre-stirring them, I always sift my dry ingredients when baking, in a sifter just like that one. Guess I'm just old-fashioned. :-)

October 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Aly Fox said...

I sift flour. bitch.

October 17, 2011 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger R. said...

gonna keep an eye out for one of these at the next flea!

October 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger Jaclyn Johnson said...

TOO cute! I think I might have a new weekend project...

xx

Some Notes on Napkins

http://www.somenotesonnapkins.com/

October 20, 2011 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous linden said...

Thanks so much for including my flour sifter! We're in the middle of a kitchen redo as well...and I love the photos you've shared.

October 21, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home