28.8.12

SLEEPAWAY



written by a 10 year old:


Wish Jezebel had posted this list at the Beginning of summer!!  I'm not sure who the original author of this "cool" list was, but I kind of want to give him a hug and tell him not to think so hard. . . 


My first experience with sleep away summer camp wasn't until middle school.  I was a total homebody as a kid but somehow, at age 12, my parents got me to agree to a 6 day sleepover camp in New Hampshire. . . Below is my first mildly-traumatizing postcard to my mom.  She was at an artist's workshop at the same time and had sweetly pre-self addressed and stamped the postcard for me.  






After filling my mom in on the details of my first day at camp I then recorded every horrible moment in my diary.  Oh the emotion!!
  




Needless to say, by day 3 I was having the time of my life.




Sleepaway camp isn't complete without Tiger Beat's Devon Sawa and Jonathan Taylor Thomas!!


4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh Molly! I'm laughing at my desk at work reading this. I love the part in the postcard where, after recounting how much you don't like camp, you ask your mom, "how's your camp? Mine sucks."Poor thing. So glad I'm not a teenager any more!

August 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh this is brilliant!!! It's pretty much my entire summer when I was 12.

JTT For Life!!

A xx

August 28, 2012 at 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was adorable! thanks for sharing!!

August 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger alden said...

favorite post everrrrrrrrr

August 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home