6.5.09

DUDE, you can't be serious?






















So I was biking home from running a few errands yesterday and when i pulled up to my house there were two men standing at my door.  One was wearing a green police uniform. . . 

 me:  "hi, can a help you?"
 "do you live here?"
 "uhh, yeah. . . "
"are you molly c___t?" 
 "yeah, what's going on?"

Then they introduced themselves . . . one of them was a "Special Agent in the Office of Law Enforcement (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)" and the other a Vermont State Game Warden.    So i was obviously like "what the fuck are you two doing standing on my front steps??!!"  

They went on to ask me if i knew why they might be here.  . .   i drew a big f-ing blank and asked them to please tell me what was going on because they were "scaring the shit out of me."  

Long story short. . . they were looking into whether i was using "protected" bird feathers in my jewelry making.  Are you fucking kidding me??   I use guinea hen feathers!

I think it all stemmed from when my boyfriend sent of a little email a few months ago to a local injured bird/animal center asking if they might have any cool feathers laying around that his girlfriend could use in her jewelry making. . . they kindly emailed back saying they were sorry but that it was, in fact, illegal for them to do such a thing.  and that was that.   

When the officers asked to see my workspace i didn't even think twice about the fact that they might need a search warrant. . . or that i should probably call my boyfriend and have him with me before inviting the two men inside my house. . . but i knew i was innocent so i said, "sure, come on in."   

I lead them upstairs to my overcluttered work table and proceeded to show them the feathers i had bought from Michael's Craft Store and Orvis fly fishing store. . . After a bit more snooping and questioning (and them determining that they were just hen feathers) they gave me their business cards, a stack of flyers on which types of birds are illegal to possess or sell the feathers of, and told me they weren't going to write up a report about me. . . What in the helll would they have to put in the report anyway???

Soooo glad my state tax dollars are going towards such important criminal investigations!  There are crackheads living on my street. . . please, go knock on their door.

I thought it was only fitting to post the photos above that i had mocked up on photoshop a couple nights ago. . . 

22 Comments:

Blogger My Lipstick Daily said...

wow, thats SO stupid. Im sorry you had to deal with that. Keep making your awesome jewelry

May 6, 2009 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger LHFC said...

thats crazy! i thought those photoshop photos were real aswell!
your blog is so sweet

May 6, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger heleen said...

haha you're such a criminal!

May 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Fashion Serial Killer said...

oh damn. what a waste of tax payer money..cute pics lady!

May 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger katy said...

holy shit no way! that is insane. well, at least you cleared it up. poor guys must have felt like dumbshits when they realized what kind of feathers you use...

May 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Luxe. said...

Oh my God thats crazy! What a waste of time!.x

May 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger CAT KHAN said...

it would and wouldn't be funny if they tried to arrest you! ahah, wow, they are so retarded! i bet they had a whole case on you...and i love the pictures! i thought they were real too, you are just way too cool. i think this event upped your coolness, you know? you can go to school and casually mention that the police made a stop at your house..ahah i would!

xxxxxxxxxxx

May 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

hahaha whaaat?? while completely crazy (and traumatising!) that fully sounds like something that would happen here in NZ.

May 6, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bummer. It's no fun to find the heat waiting for you at your door. Glad it didn't turn into more.

May 6, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. whoa big time crime going on in there....

May 6, 2009 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Daughters of Dawn said...

That is crazy!! I would of been so scared and worried that they would of found something that maybe I wasn't aware of. Kinda like crossing the border, even though I don't have anything on me the guards can be so intimidating a doubt myself. Wow great story!!

May 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

hahaha shit dude, i would have been shaking, so funny in retrospect though... i can't believe they made such a big deal!!

May 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger noirohio vintage said...

damn. REALLY ? hahaha
glad everything's cool!

May 6, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

thats insane! the photoshops mugs are pretty kickass tho

C.

May 6, 2009 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

those pictures are hilarious! they look g o o d, lady!

I cant believe that story- total BS!

Glad everything "worked out" ;)

x
x

May 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

lol that's ridiculous. your feathers from michaels and a fly fishing store..they probably felt pretty stupid.

May 6, 2009 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger DDW said...

Oh Jeeeze, dude, f the police, right?

Haha, once the police came to my mother's house because our dog was barking in the middle of the night and irritated some neighbors (I think), and they woke up my brother, got him out of bed at like 3 a.m. and demanded to see HIS identification! WTF.

May 6, 2009 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger alden said...

I can't believe he called you a cunt!!!

May 7, 2009 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger 12345... said...

lol . i know ,i know exactly where your coming from. am sorry you had to go through that. it just comes to show how dumb the government is.
any way FUCK the POLICE!
xx

May 7, 2009 at 3:52 AM  
Blogger Rackk and Ruin said...

hahaha, fuck off alden!! dude, you were in my dream last night and i was trying to set you up with this guy selling jean jackets. . . he was pretty cute though. Then the dream got really disgustingly violent. but the part with you was nice! xx

May 7, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Konscia said...

Haha, you're such a GANGSTAH!

May 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Anonymous copBoyfriend said...

yeay fuck the birds and fuck the police or whatever government organized shit about feather lovers...

December 4, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home