25.1.10

DOWNWARD DOG

I've recently started doing yoga.

I'd gotten tired of hearing "yoga changed my life" stories so i thought i should probably check out what all the fuss was about (it also helped that the place where i work hooked up a trade for us to get $5 yoga classes at a place in town).
It's pretty crazy that you can work up a sweat, and be seriously sore the next day, from solely using your own body's weight and muscle strength (while staying within a 24"x68" space). I've only been going a couple times a week, for the past three weeks, but I think i've really discovered something i could get into . . .

**I definitely enjoy the classes where the teachers speak sparingly and only use the silly yoga names aka "downward dog" (not their technical ones) . . . skipping the OMMMMMMS and any mention of Namaste is best for me.

anyway, this photography by Joshua Longbrade reminded me of a yoga pose.
Photo by Joshua Longbrake

7 comments:

Emma B. said...

I tried yoga, but when everyone breathed out louder than a boombox, and said 'Namaste' in chorus at the end, I nearly started laughing. It's just waaay to serious for me x)

Savannah said...

Ha one by one we will realize the fuss is real. What kind of yoga?

the girl in grey said...

I'm love yoga.
I do Bikram and Hatha.
XO THE GIRL IN GREY

lamardemona said...

i am totally into yoga
it works in so many directions!

ediot said...

ah- yes. yoga is great. i love it

So Good for Bunnies said...

Yoga's definitely fun! I totally agree with you on the quiet, non-namaste classes being better, much more relaxing and less silly! :)

Alice D. Millionaire said...

totally love yoga. is yours a hot class? and yeah, they should just shut up with the soothing words.. just let me chill! that's why i'm here!
$5 classes are the shit, btw!

alice d.