25.8.11

FROM HERE TO THERE


Ever since getting this vintage tasseled leather jacket a few years ago i've slowly been trying to make it more user-friendly. I am not a biker. I wish i were, but alas, i'm just not that badass. Therefore, a full on tasseled leather biker jacket comes off as Halloween-y when i wear it. The first step towards wearability was to turn it into a vest. The arms were fully tasseled, á la A.Wang's fringed leather sweatshirt from a few seasons back, so removing them was an easy decision. . . Alas, even with the jacket in vest form it still wasn't quite "me."

So when I was in Maine earlier this month and I found an ill-fitting (and stain ridden) patterned jacket on the $1 rack at a thrift store, I saw potential. I decided to sew a panel of the B&W patterned material onto the back of the vest to give it a more casual look. I also added some of the fabric to this jacket as well. . .

vintage leather jacket : bdg tee : vintage Levis : diy leather sandals : faux pashmina

4 comments:

Patrícia Matias aka dj Pat said...

Good work, girl!! ;) And I also like the sandals!

kiss

www.in-tensa-mente.blogspot.com

leah said...

dude this is an AMAZING transformation. is it for sale??? i love it! i want it!
you are so talented.

xxoo
leah

enterrement de vie de garcon Paris said...

Super jacket et j'aime bien les sandales également.

Séréna

Women Leather Biker jacket said...

nice post love it