23.8.11

MY NEXT DIY

When I saw these "Luxury Jones Boots" that One Part Gypsy posted about I immediately thought two things: Free People is selling them . . . therefore they must cost an arm and a leg . . . and that they look like the easiest DIY everrr.

Turns out I was right about the cost. After clicking over to Free People, I saw that the boots are selling for $438 a pair. The major problem here is that you don't even know what your overpriced boots are going to end up looking like since they are "found vintage".

I know what i'll have my eyes peeled for the next time i'm thrifting: cowboy boots and four belts. Any takers?

8 comments:

ediot said...

oh i fell for them too. but then i saw the price.. oh no.
agree with you that it's better to diy then to buy these. can't wait to see how you do it

x

bravegrrl said...

i thought the same thing....

heylila said...

yes, do it! cannot wait to see the result! the price shocked me!!!

bisous,
mia

HEYLILAHEY

Let's Bolt said...

um these are the ugliest?

mar said...

i bought a pair of samples for a lot of cash. the insides were terribly dirrrty and chewy and the belts are now falling off -they were glued..-. I love these weights tho, what can I say...they make me feel good

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE said...

i am going to see your DIY replica since i'm sure your work will never disappoint me. can't wait!

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE

SHOP

Anonymous said...

these are fucking hideous

Sleepy Darlings said...

D! I! Y! After seeing that sweet fringed vest, i think your boots'll look better. Do it!

sleepydarlings.blogspot.com