11.4.09

nothing says "i love you" like a severed appendage

Our dog Pitch found a deer leg in the woods behind our farm today. . . . and my amazing boyfriend knew i'd love it so he brought it home for me. . . 
the proud dog
he even sawed it for me!  (i got the hoof part and Pitch got the gnarly bone part)

i'm soo excited!! so many ideas about what to do with it!  

we have to put it up in our garage rafters for now so the dogs don't get at it. . . i'm thinking if i leave it there for a while it might dry nicely. . . maybe i'll do some research on preserving hooves.  

9 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

I found the most delicate bird head and framed it. I mounted it with hot glue and then put it in a box-like frame. I'm really pleased with the results.

It might look even cooler if you lined the inside space with like...a crushed red velvet or...leather...or some sort of fabric depending on your mood.

wish I had a deer hoof now.

April 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

whatever you do it's gonna look so amazing..looking forward to documentation :)

April 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Anastacia said...

God i am so jealous of your hoof!! I want one...

April 12, 2009 at 3:08 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Like the song..."Have I told you lately that I love you?"

April 12, 2009 at 3:53 AM  
Blogger alden said...

Coat hook. Definitely coat hook.

April 12, 2009 at 4:59 AM  
Blogger Rackk and Ruin said...

yeah, i think it'll be a coat hook when all is said and done. . . great idea!

April 12, 2009 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger me melodia said...

That's love.

April 12, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Britta said...

Pitch is such a good boy! He obviously has good taste. :)

April 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger CHIC Sensibility... said...

That's cool. I like the coat hook idea. I feel bad for the deer.

April 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home